Sunday, April 19, 2015

THROW IT OUT OR-


SAVE IT

Well, just yesterday I started to houseclean! I am referring to my office at the manse. Why was I housecleaning? I was housecleaning because in two and a half months Jill and I will be leaving Bermuda. Where the past six years went I will never know. I will be retiring the end of July and providing our US Green Cards will arrive before that date we will be moving to our house in Florida by mid July! HOWEVER, prior to the move there is the packing and prior to the packing there is the sorting through of all of one's belonging. You have heard it said I'm certain that, “you never know how much you have until you move!” Well, I started this Saturday past to sort through all of my belongings in my home office. I keep a file for almost everything and I went through almost everything. “Should I throw this out or should I save it?” I went through letters, through sermons, looked at books, cds and dvds. I decided that for some items it had to be a time to go but for other items I just didn't have the heart to throw them out. It's a difficult decision what to keep and what not to keep. Sometimes it is not just difficult it is painful. Then there are those decisions that are easy to make; “I can't throw this picture out that my daughter drew for me of our dog Gypsy even though Gypsy hasn't been with us for a long long time and even though our little girl just got married three months ago!” Neither could I throw out a birthday card that our oldest daughter sent me a few years ago reminding me of our family vacations when we were all so young. Then there was the special picture that our daughter in California drew for me of a bright sun which shone so beautiful from the heaven's above reminding me of Bermuda! I did make a start and at the moment as I look around my office I see three little piles of keep these, throw these out and put these in the yard sale! When I finish with my office in the house then I have to start all over again with my office at the church. When I finish with my office at the church then I have to come back to the house and go through my closet, the basement and the yard beyond! When will it ever stop? It will only stop when we reach our house in Florida and then I will have to decide where will I put everything.

We all have to make decisions in life and some will be easier to make then others. Jill and I have reached a major milestone in our life (my retirement) and it only seems like yesterday that I started out in the little three point charge in Nova Scotia. I know that once we reach our new home in Florida that one of my major projects after I unpack and find a place for everything will be to pick up on the writing of my book. I started my book some time ago and when it is complete I will be certain to let you know! Thank the good Lord that He always has something for us to do!



Your Pastor & Friend,

John Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment