Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Dog and I

My Dog and I

 I and my faithful dog lived in a small house perched on a little hill just a stone’s throw from the church. Sometimes the church bell would waken me on a Sunday morning just in time for services. I learned to be very quick in showering, shaving and getting dressed in those days! My dog whose name was Shadow was great company for me out in the country. Have you ever eaten a meal while talking with your dog? It can be quite interesting. They always appear to listen intently to what you are saying. I attempted to train my Shadow to fetch my slippers. I though it would be a novel idea for me to say “slippers” and have my dog fetch them for me. I put a lead on my dog, said the magic word “slippers” walked him to where my slippers were put them in his mouth walked him back to my chair and had him drop them on the floor. We did this several times before it was time for me to go to a prayer meeting service. It was late by the time I got home. I turned on my kitchen light to be greeted by my dog who was glad to see me and glad to go outside!!! My kitchen was in a complete mess. I had made the mistake of leaving my garbage in a bag in the corner. It was no longer in the bag and it was no longer in the corner it was all over the kitchen floor. In the midst of the garbage was a trace of something material like; you guessed it, my slippers! Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment