Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Impressions

It’s hard to believe but I have been here now for nine months! Where has the time gone??? So what are my impressions of Island life and of ministry here at St Andrews?

First, let me say that I enjoy Island living. Even though Bermuda is only 21 miles long I do as much driving here as I did in many of my former parishes! There is lots to see on the Island, great places to eat and some fantastic shopping. Jill has become quite a tour guide having transported her parents around the Island also our daughter Diana and son-in-law Jeremy plus two staff people along with their children from the ship Logos Hope. SO, if you plan to come for a visit Jill will be happy to show you the sights. Don’t worry after nine months we know what side of the road to drive on! The only catch is that you have to come to church with us on Sunday! Seriously, the Island is a beautiful place to visit, live and explore.

If you were to ask for our church by name (St. Andrews Presbyterian) the locals might have a problem giving you directions. HOWEVER, if you ask for the little pink church they will smile and give you details how to find us. The church is open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm for visitors and Sunday at 11:00am for worship. Presently St Andrews is going for quality as opposed to quantity. Our numbers don’t shake the rafters (not yet anyway) but we more than make up for that with lots of smiles and warm hearts. We offer meaningful worship, bible studies, small group meetings, church fun nights, Sunday School, Junior Youth, updated website and a local radio ministry.

I find that there is lots to keep me busy on the Island and at the “little pink church.” I invite you to drop by and pay us a visit.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment